Friday, February 5, 2010

Easy Window Treatments

Upon arriving in our new (old) rental home, we had basically no window treatments whatsoever. One of our favorite parts about this house was all the big windows! However, when you have little to zero privacy, window treatments are a must! I decided to quickly and frugally take matters into my own hands. I cut up our old shower curtain into two panels and hemmed the sides and bottoms to create these window treatments.

This bay window was a little bit tricky because there isn't really anywhere to attach curtain rods- but when all else fails, use the ceiling, right?! I just bought two cafe style rods and drilled holes in the ceiling. These rods definitely aren't meant to hang from the ceiling but they do work pretty well.

For all of you non-sewers out there, this was the first time I had ever sewn anything (that I can remember). And once you figure out how to thread the stinkin' machine, it's really not that hard! So whip out your long lost sewing machine and give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment