Sunday, January 31, 2010

Monogram Makeover

I've been wanting to make a decorative bow holder for my little girl. I'm sure this idea isn't new to the crafting world, but I thought it would be adorable in her room. She currently has a red, pink, and lime green color scheme (tulips). These aren't necessarily the colors I would pick out but when you get free pottery barn bedding you definitely aren't going to say no.
I started with just a basic "E" from Michael's that I got for $2-3 I think. Then I picked out a few fun scrapbook papers and acrylic paint and got to work. I love the way it turned out and am still debating whether to add the ribbon strands to create the bow holder, or just hang it on the wall as is. I think I will add the ribbons- but for now I'm just enjoying my cute monogram.

Linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick's Before and After Party

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Welcome to blogging. You are off to a strong start.
    littlelizardking@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete